Saturday, October 27, 2012

Queen Mary Falls
 
 
We've had our first proper camping trip with the bike and it was quite good. We only forgot to take a box of matches to light our little cooker and the bike only fell over once!
We don't need anything too much more, the tent was excellent, we had room to spare in the tank bag and rear bag so all good in that department.

 
 
Donna putting up the tent.
Brown Falls in the Queen Mary Falls National Park
I booked my holidays from work for next year for the big trip -- 18th March is the date Donna and I will be leaving, heading for Alice Springs. Donna can only get two weeks off work at that time so she will be coming with me to Alice and then flying home while I keep going.
 
I will be continuing on, most likely, via the Plenty Highway -- 900km of absolute isolation and nasty corrigated, bulldust and more. The other option is to go home via Tenant Creek and Mt Isa, the money is on the dust at this point.
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________
 
Jeff????? currently out of the country in New Zealand--
dunno, still hasn't got a license or bike so we will see.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment